Multidiscipline FEED and Detailed Design – Salamander Energy , Bualuang A offshore Platform
Thailand - 2010
Plexal Group, a SPIE Oil & Gas Services company, had been awarded the FEED and Detailed design for the upgrade of the Bualuang A platform.
FEED study was related to the addition of two wells, electrical submersible pumps (ESP) with variable speed drives (VSD), harmonic study, satellite dish, piping modifications, platform extensions and modification of boat landing, modification of existing control system.
The design activities included :
- Multidiscipline FEED Study
- Detailed process and piping design for flowlines, hook-ups, platform layout, structural design of platform extensions, electrical and instrumentation design and integration with existing systems
- Operations and control philosophy
- Interface with construction and installation contractor
- Multidiscipline brown-fields project involving process, mechanical/piping, electrical and instrumentation design teams
The main achievements for this project are:
- Project completed successfully within budget and project schedule, and commissioned
- No clashes and no queries from the chose fabricator